Touch Instructions for the html5 Sounding Display
This display responds to touches on any touch-screen device, such as a
smartphone or tablet.
We solicit any comments or questions you may have. Please send them to
- To see the values at different levels, move your finger up and down on the
SkewT plot itself. The behavior of the display should be similar to
what you see when you move a mouse cursor up and down on the display.
- When you release your finger, a parcel (the purple line) will be
lifted from the pressure/temperature point at which you released your finger.
- To cause the entire display to roam and zoom, use two or more
fingers. You may have to wait up to 1 second before you do
this. (We'll try to figure out how to eliminate this delay in the
- When you use your finger to press a button, you may have to wait 300ms
for the button to respond. If this becomes a major problem for users,
we can take steps to eliminate this delay.
- Functions that are enabled with shift-click or control-click for mouse
events have not yet been enabled for touch screens.
Last modified: Mon Dec 16 22:59:53 GMT 2013